Monday, November 2, 2009

2009 Race recap

Race Review 2009
It's hard to believe that I only started running in 2008. It all started with a wish to become healthier and ended with a Marathon. Hard to believe that I actually completed it. And if I didn't have the pictures to prove it, maybe I too would not have believed it!

In 2009 I wanted to complete many of the races that I done for the first time in 2008 while maybe adding a few others to the mix.

My very first 5K was the Lake Compounce 5K. It is local, with a nice hill. They run a 10K concurrently, so even if you are a slow 5K runner you look fast as the 10K people lap you. Last year I completed the 5K in 39:11 and this year I was able to complete it in 35:38. This definately was a boost to my confidence!!

I decided to try a new race in June. It was call the New Milford Moonlight 5K. This race is held in the evening and so it ends in the dark. The night was cool and unfortunately rainy. I was able to complete this 5K in 36:36.

Ahhh the Litchfield Road race. Not a favorite of many. This race behind in June and does not start until noon. In 2008 it was HOT HOT HOT. 2009 was not much better but a tad bit cooler. I felt a little more prepared in regards to training. The road race ends with Gallows lane which is a horrible horrible hill at the END of the 7 mile journey. In 2008 my time was 1:47 and 1:30 in 09.

 
Just for the record, I did overtake this gentleman in the end!

The Petit Road Race was started in 2008 in remembrance of the family of Dr Petit who were murdered in a home invasion. When David was working at ACS Dr Petit would call in for tech support so he did know him on some level. I did not have any interaction with Dr Petit in 2008 but re ran up to me during the race in 2009 and we talked for a little bit which was great.  www.PetitRoadRace.com 7/20/08 -40:49, 36:00 in 09

A new 5K for 2009 was the Canton Lobster Loop.  8/16/09 37:09


Falmouth Cape Cod Relay Marathon Team CHH was represented once again, although this year we only have one Team. The race is in Falmouth and starts and ends on main street. It goes through the town past cranberry bogs and through neighborhoods. Last year I ran the first leg of 3 miles and this year it was 5.6.



Still to come is the Goshen Turkey trot!

No comments:

Post a Comment